Want to reminisce by looking at old tweets? Check out the tutorial on how to view old tweets on Twitter below, OK!
The social media Twitter has been around for a long time, so it’s no wonder that now many people are looking for ways to view old tweets on Twitter.
This is done not without reason, but this is a trend or very popular to do lately.
Whether it’s just to reminisce about the past, see funny photos, funny tweets, or unique things that were done in the past.
If you are also one of them, of course you should know how to view old tweets.
Given that he will be buried very deep with the tweets you just did.
Actually, there are many ways to view old tweets on a Twitter account, but for more details, you can listen to the list of ways to view old tweets below, yes!
1. Viewing Old Tweets with Search Code
To search for old tweets from someone, use the Twitter search box with the following format:
from:account since:tttt-bb-hh until:tttt-bb-hh
– yyyy = year
– bb = month
– hh = day
from:twitter since:2010-01-01 until:2010-12-31
— Ivan Lanin (@ivanlanin) April 16, 2018
One of the easiest ways you can do to see your old tweets is to use a search engine or code.
This method may be the easiest way for you to do, because it is enough to type a certain code in the search and you will find your old tweet.
For those of you who are curious about how, then you can listen to how to view old tweets through the following search code:
- Step 1: Open your Twitter first, where you can use the app or the official website.
- Step 2: After that, click the search field at the top of the page.
- Step 3: Here type your format from:username since:year-month-date until:year-month-date.
- Step 4: For example, if you want to search for tweets between 2010 and 2012, then you can write from:basara_556 from:2010-05-25 until:2012-03-06.
- Step 5: Then press the search button, it will automatically appear the tweets that you made in those years.
That way, now you can use it for various needs, whether reminiscing about the past, creating funny content, and so on.
2. Viewing Old Tweets with Twitter Advanced Search
In addition, there is also an advanced Twitter search feature that can also be used to search for your old tweets.
At first glance, this method is not much different from the previous method, but for those of you who are interested, you can use this feature as follows:
- Step 1: Open the browser on your cell phone first, use the Google Chrome browser to make it smoother.
- Step 2: Next visit a page called Twitter Advanced Search.
- Step 3: On the main page, you will immediately find several fields.
- Step 4: Where you can fill in the column with your account, language, date, and so on about your Twitter account.
- Step 5: When everything is filled, click the search button and wait a few moments until loading is complete.
- Step 6: After that, the old tweets on your Twitter account will appear.
That way, you can now use it to reminisce about the past on Twitter.
3. Viewing Old Tweets with SnapBird
SnapBird is a way to see old tweets on Twitter that you can try too, where this site is specifically designed to make Twitter easier to use.
Like when you are looking for old tweets, then this site will be very helpful.
How to use this one site is also not difficult. You can follow the steps below!
- Step 1: At first open a browser on your cell phone, try to use the default browser like Google Chrome to make it easier.
- Step 2: If so, visit the SnapBird site.
- Step 3: Here you will be asked to login using a Twitter account, where you just enter your username and password.
- Step 4: Click login with Twitter and wait for the main page of the site to open.
- Step 5: After that, select the menu named Authorize App.
- Step 6: When you have, in the WHO section, type the name of your Twitter account.
- Step 7: Select search and wait until the loading process is complete.
- Step 8: Automatically the old tweets that you made on your Twitter account will appear.
- Step 9: To see more tweets, you can press the see for more tweets option.
- Step 10: Then your other old tweets will appear again.
4. Viewing Old Tweets by Requesting the Twitter Archive
You also need to know that every Twitter account has an archive, where this menu stores all your activities on Twitter.
Including all the tweets that you did in the past, so you can check the old tweets on your Twitter.
To do this, follow these steps!
- Step 1: Open the Twitter app or visit Twitter directly on the official website.
- Step 2: After that, login as usual by entering your username and password.
- Step 3: When you are on the main Twitter page, you can press the full menu on the left of the screen.
- Step 4: Choose settings, then click my account option.
- Step 5: Here look for the option to download your Twitter data, then you will be asked to enter a password.
- Step 6: After that, click the confirmation button and the archive request was sent successfully.
- Step 7: Wait a few moments until you get an email, where this email contains the Twitter archive file.
- Step 8: If you have, you can reminisce with your old tweets through the file manager on your cell phone.
5. Viewing Old Tweets with All My Tweets
If you can’t use the built-in features of Twitter, then you can try third-party sites to help you open old tweets on your Twitter account.
One of them is like the All My Tweets site which can let you know your old tweets.
The way to use this site itself is quite easy, where you can apply it in the following ways:
- Step 1: First, open the Google Chrome application on your cellphone.
- Step 2: Next visit a site called Allmytweets.
- Step 3: Enter your Twitter account with username and password.
- Step 4: Next you will be directed to the main page of this All My Tweets site.
- Step 5: Here look for the tweets button and press it.
- Step 6: Automatically will appear all the tweets that you have done in the past to the most recent.
- Step 7: To see more tweets, press see more tweets, more tweets will appear from your account.
6. Viewing Old Tweets with TwimeMachine
In addition to the All My Tweets site, there is also a site called TwimeMachine that can help you read old tweets on your Twitter account.
At first glance, the way it works is not much different, but for more details you can follow the steps using the following TwimeMachine site:
- Step 1: First, visit the TwimeMachine site through the browser on your cell phone.
- Step 2: Then enter your Twitter account using your username and password.
- Step 3: Press the tweets button and wait until the loading process is complete.
- Step 4: Automatically all your tweets will appear on the site page.
- Step 5: To see more tweets, hit the see more tweets button.
- Step 6: Then more tweets will appear on your Twitter account.
There are lots of ways to view old tweets on Twitter that can be done, where each method has different characteristics.
You can choose the method that you think is easiest to do, but if you can use Twitter’s own built-in features, yes, to be more secure.
In general, third-party sites have several risks, such as the risk of account hacking, blocking, and many others.
How, if you’ve managed to do this tutorial, don’t forget to share your experience in the comments column, OK!