Wondering how to get the Twitter API and use it? Check out the following reviews, yes!
How to Get Twitter API – Twitter API is often used for various needs, no wonder many people are looking for ways to get Twitter API.
Generally, APIs are widely used for data management, programming, and so on.
If you also need this API, then you must first understand what the Twitter API is and how to get it.
What is the Twitter API?
Broadly speaking, the API can be interpreted as a programming language, where it is a code or certain symbols to run programs.
Of course, it is also the same as the Twitter API, because with this API you can see the programming system on Twitter.
Here, you can make it a certain programming basis, both for creating new databases, duplicating, editing, and various other programming.
How to Get Twitter API
To get the Twitter API is actually not difficult, considering that Twitter does provide this feature in its official system, so all Twitter users should be able to get the Twitter API.
Then, how? You can get the Twitter API with the following steps:
- Step #1: First, open the Apps page from Twitter Developer, where you can open it here: https://developer.twitter.com/en/apps.
- Step #2: Press the create an App option at the top right of your screen.
- Step #3: After that, an approval notification will appear, just click apply.
- Step #4: You will be automatically redirected to the API browsing page.
- Step #5: There, there will be an option Which best describes you? Just click on one of the available options. Here, I chose Exploring the API.
- Step #6: After that, hit Get started.
- Step #7: Here you will be asked to create a Twitter Developer account, where you just fill out all the forms.
- Step #8: Then hit sign up and the account will be created successfully.
- Step #9: The next step is to write down the uses or interests you want to get the Twitter API, try to use English.
- Step #10: Don’t forget to top up various other required data, such as Twitter data, email, and so on.
- Step #11: Also tick the Agree to terms and conditions section.
- Step #12: Click submit, then you have successfully submitted a Twitter API request to the developer.
- Step #13: You just have to wait until the Developers send the API via email.
- Step #14: If so, then you can use the Twitter API for your various needs.
How to Use Twitter API
After knowing how to get the Twitter API, then the next step you must also know how to use this Twitter API.
Usually, people use the Twitter API for various needs, so how to use it is also different.
However, in general, how to use the Twitter API is as follows:
- Step #1: First, open the email account that you have, then download the Twitter API file that has been sent by the Developers.
- Step #2: Wait for a while until the file is downloaded completely.
- Step #3: Usually, the file is still in zip form, so first extract the file using an extract application.
- Step #4: After that, you will get a file of type Oauth.
- Step #5: Don’t forget to download the library so you can manage files, where you can download Abraham’s library at https://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth.
- Step #6: Once you’ve got the API and library files, then you’re ready to use those APIs in a variety of programming needs.
Actually, how to get the Twitter API and how to use it is not difficult, it’s just that you have to learn about basic programming first.
Considering that in this Twitter API there are various codes and complicated programming languages, so if you don’t understand, it will be very difficult to use the Twitter API code.
Moreover, if you make a mistake, then the code will be damaged and difficult to restore as before.
If you are planning a project with the Twitter API, please share your experience in the comments column!